Thursday, April 27, 2006

DHV - Demonstrating Higher Value. Whaaa?

There was a point when Holiday, our other friend, and I, them moreso than I, would learn magic (no, not Magic: The Gathering) as a way of DHV. We would carry a deck of cards around with us whenever we went out and would perform magic tricks. They did work and we got good responses. However, looking back, I now see them more as a training wheel, a crutch that we used to give us an easy DHV and something that we could use in all of our sarges.

Now that I am further along in my development as a PUA, I know there are more effective ways at DHV. While magic tricks, rune reading, and palm reading do have their place, it's harder for girls to make a connection with you when the DHVs you use really don't give that much insight about you. While they do DHV, there are obviously better options: namely, storytelling, frame control, and qualify qualify qualify. By using these, girls are able to gain a better insight into who YOU are and not just what you can do.

However, I'm going to write about one of my experiences using magic as a DHV. I will write about storytelling, frame control, and qualifying in a later post.

The following takes place in December 2005.

Holiday, our other friend, and I decide to go to the YH at the IS to do some sarging. We get a table and relax, get a couple of drinks. I first open up a 5 set. It's a bachelorette type of gathering. One of the girls is getting married and they're out having a drink before the big day. I use the Drunk GF and it opens them up. Chat for a bit. Good warm-up. I then tell Holiday I'm gonna go out and try on the patio. I see a 3 set there smoking, so I go up and ask for a cigarette. Light up, smoke a little. Then I open them up with Drunk GF. Works big time, we're chatting back and forth. Holiday comes out and helps me wing. We're all having good conversation and generally having a good time. I say, to repay you for the cigarette, I'm going to show you some magic. I proceed to do "discount magic," which gets them laughing. I then pull out the deck of cards and do some magic. It leaves them in awe. One of the girls is like, "are you a Devil worshipper or something?" And I respond with a "no" and flash my cross. Bad move. That was a shit test. Again, newbie mistake. So we chat for a little longer and they say they have to go in before they stop cooking food but that we should go in and find them. They leave and Holiday and I just chill there for a bit. We head back inside to find our other friends and decide not to find those girls again.

What I learned:
1. Shit tests. Watch out for them. Don't qualify yourself to the set. Ever. It DLVs. Not a good thing.

After the sarge I felt great because Holiday was telling me that all the other people were watching our interaction with the 3 set and it seemed like groups of guys (who looked like they wanted to talk to the girls we were talking to) were wondering how the hell the 2 of us were talking to these girls.

However, even though I felt great, I felt like there was something missing. I didn't know what it was at the time, but now, I think I know what. Essentially, by performing the magic tricks, I had become a performer, not a seducer. Even though I had DHV, I hadn't formed a connection with any of the girls and I wasn't seen as anything more than maybe as just a fun, entertaining guy. A PUA needs to be more than that. He needs to connect with his sarges on a more emotional and deeper level. While entertaining can be good, there is much more that needs to occur if you want to get that girl to give you her number and then to get her into your bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home